In a budget blog I recently wrote, I suggested cutting back on the extras to put some more cash in your pocket. But I have to admit, that in many cases throughout my blogging chronicles, I am either speaking from experience or preaching to the choir- the choir being myself, in this case. As a frequent drive-througher ( yes, I just made up the word “througher”) at my local Starbucks, I came to terms with my love affair for Chai Tea Lattes. And knew very well that spending a shameful amount of money each month on a drink- no matter how perfectly prepared it was with its irresistible cinnamon- spice flavor and foam- is not being the best steward with our resources.
But it was too much to let it go altogether. And yet, still too expensive to continue purchasing. It all seemed too unfair. To top it off, the chai withdrawal brought out a rather tired, pathetic side of me I had yet to experience. Pretty sure my family felt the tension too. I knew things couldn’t go on like this, so I decided to embark on a little journey. A journey I like to call “Search for The Chai Tea Recipe Holy Grail.” Along the way, I was also pleasantly surprised at how many copycat Starbucks recipes existed in the world- and with ingredients I already had on hand! It was a miracle! An answer to prayer!
With these easy recipes, you are no longer left to choose between depriving yourself of enjoying your favorite caffeinated indulgence or saving…you can have both! And it’s nothing short of amazing! Homemade Starbucks saves an average of $125/ month (and your sanity)…so these recipes are extra sweet!
- Chai Tea Latte The song ” You Are So Beautiful” comes to mind. As well as images of rainbows, sunshine, and all things perfectly made. It happens to be my personal favorite and the unmatched champion of anything served in a mug.
2. Salted Caramel Mocha Salted. Caramel. Mocha. Three amazing words that together, make one amazingly tasty cup of coffee. It’s the stuff dreams are made of!
3. Peppermint Mocha Ahhh! Chocolate and peppermint are a match made in heaven in this scrumptious peppermint mocha recipe!
4. Pumpkin Spice Latte Enjoy your favorite flavor of fall anytime of the year! It’s a sip of spicy-sweetness that is the very definition of delicious!
5. Hot Chocolate A rich, decadent indulgence of one of life’s greatest simple pleasures: chocolate. Hot chocolate is the perfect pairing to a warm blanket, slippers, and your cozy PJ’s.
6. Vanilla Spice Latte Vanilla. Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Seriously, there are no words! I simply adore anything vanilla and this is no exception…it’s only exceptional!
7. Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte Never has ice been so happy. Something warm-tasting, yet refreshing. This beverage exceeds the expectations of both!
Enjoy these favorites in the comfort and convenience of your own home. Knock the socks off of your husband, friends, and even yourself with these taste-worthy recipes, without breaking the bank!
The Humble Homemaker